Your First Dental Visit
At Summit Dental, our Bozeman Dental Expert is committed to providing each patient with positive, effective dental treatment. To help your visit go smoothly, we have compiled a list of important items and information to bring with you for your first appointment, as well as a description of what to expect during your visit.
What to Expect
Your first visit will include a full dental examination, during which we will evaluate your oral health. If you do not have x-rays that are up to date, we will also take a set of x-rays so that we can properly diagnose any issues that cannot be seen by the naked eye. X-rays are useful for noting the condition of the jaw, sinuses, and teeth and tissue below the gum line. These images are crucial for providing comprehensive dental care that effectively address your unique needs.
Once your exam is complete, Dr. Samson, our Bozeman Dentist, can prescribe treatment and schedule you for your first cleaning. Some patients receive a standard cleaning to thoroughly cleanse all surfaces of the teeth of plaque and other build-up. Other patients may require a more intensive treatment to address cavities, tooth pain, diseased gums, or other dental problems. With your x-rays and complete evaluation, Dr. Samson can prescribe the treatment necessary to optimize your dental health.
What to Bring
We will gather important information from you during your first visit that will help us to best serve your needs. To ensure that we are able to provide the best care possible, please bring the following items with you to your appointment:
- Medical history forms: which are available on this website under, “New Patients” or we can provide you with these forms upon your arrival
- Your current dental concerns
- A list of questions or concerns you may have regarding your treatment and treatment options
- If you have insurance, bring your dental insurance information, including your insurance card. Please fill out the patient registration form located on this website under, “New Patients” or we can provide you with a form upon your arrival
- Method of payment for your visit
We have made our Medical History and Patient Registration forms available online for your convenience. To shorten your waiting time, please print out these forms, fill them out in their entirety, and bring them with you on the day of your visit. However, if you prefer, we can provide you with these forms upon your arrival.
Please contact our office with any questions you may have regarding your first visit. We are looking forward to meeting you.
Continue to: Patient Forms